Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Pack

To start off here are a few of my literacy centers in action during our Daily 5 time. Fixing sentences at the writing table:
They told me it was so much fun and even wanted to do it twice! I will need to create more of these!


 ABC order at our Word Work center:

 Christmas board game:
You can find these activities and many more in my Christmas Everything Pack at my TPT store HERE!

We have been working with Non-fiction explorations. This week we read a story about the life of jellyfish. 

We wrote paragraphs containing at least 4 facts about jellyfish that we learned from the story. I found these cute jelly displays on pinterest HERE!

In math we focused all on 2-D shapes this week. Another teacher gave me this idea! We read:
Then, we made these monsters, and wrote down adjectives to describe their parts as well as the shapes we used. The students seemed to very much enjoy this one! 

I will leave you with him:
Next week everyone will get a chance to make Mr. Grinch. After we make him we will be measuring all of his body parts with non-standard forms of measure (probably paperclips)! The kiddos saw him on my back table and they couldn't wait! Pictures of their renditions will be coming soon... !

Have a nice weekend everyone! 

3 more weeks!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment