Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dictionary Practice and 8 Frames!

This week I've been working on some new activities for my Writing center in Daily 5. I came up with the ones you see below. You can find them at the links listed on TPT! My students always get excited when I put new activities in centers and I know they will love these!

Digging through the dictionary will help build their dictionary skills as well as using context clues. I am going to encourage them to use their context clues to try and figure out what the underlined words mean. I then want them to look up the words and check if they were right!

I am going to use these 8 frames as a warm-up. First thing they will do when they go to writing center will be to complete 1 of the frames. Some are quick and some with take longer. You may think of another way to use this!

No comments:

Post a Comment