Sunday, September 9, 2012

It's an Election Year!

This year is a little different from the rest in the fact that we are in the midst of a Presidential Election! We're always talk about voting and this and that, but this year the students get to experience it first hand. I've already brought it up a little in my classroom and the kiddos seem to know a little of what's going on. I put together a pack that I can't wait to use in my classroom:


This Pack Includes:
Intro. Booklet to presidential elections in America
Vocabulary Sheet-words found in intro. Booklet
Donkey and Elephant Symbols of
political parties craftivity
Book Suggestions about Elections
Election Year Word Search
Interactive Class Election to further understand electoral votes
+ 50 State name cards
Writing center- _____ for President



We had our first semi cold from which put us in the 90's all weekend with much cooler mornings! Something to celebrate everyone! Fall is upon us! My days at school are flying by and I can't wait to see my sweet ones tomorrow. TPRI testing is this week and then we will be rocking and rolling into a typical schedule before we know it! 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much. It will ease the understanding of an American election for my French 9th grade student.

    ReplyDelete