Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh the joys of teaching...

We are finally rockin' and rollin' in 2nd grade! It feels like it has taken FOREVER to get this year started, but I can officially say we are settling into a routine. I have such great kids this year who are really into learning! They listen, and remember the things that I say!! It's awesome.

The end of the day is science time. I was kind of dreading this particular experiment because the kiddos are supposed to rotate through 4 stations. Let's just get real for a minute. Getting though 1 normal experiment a day is hard enough, and these people want me to let them rotate through 4!! Needless to say in the past we have never finished them all. Today I decided to let each table have 1 experiment, complete it amongst their group and then teach it to the class. They were awesome! It was AMAZING how well they could get along and model cooperative group work when they were standing in front of their peers. I felt proud.

And at the end of the day I looked around at my messy messy room and was happy. Everywhere you looked learning was taking place in some shape or form and that's nothing to fuss about!


No comments:

Post a Comment